Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Book Update! AKA: LAST YEAR'S MISTAKE'S SHINY NEW COVER!!!

Hi all!

I'm writing this post in total shock that it's been 3 full months since my last one. I've been pretty busy with revising books, writing books, and keeping a 14-month-old from falling down the stairs all day. (Yes, it is possible to make an entire day of that.)

But some pretty awesome things have happened since I last checked in. Including, as most of you already know, the sale of my debut, LAST YEAR'S MISTAKE, to Simon Pulse.

Sorry, but mention of my book deal will
never *not* require a happy dance gif

While I was busy revising the manuscript, the designers at S & S were busy coming up with a kickass cover. It was revealed to the internets on September 9th over at the YABooksCentral blog.

But then some of the folks over at Simon and Schuster decided it needed a little makeover to match the fun, summery, romantic tone of the book.

And the way they revamped it is SO. FREAKING. GORGEOUS.

See for yourself:

*

*

*

*

AAAAHHHHH!!! *flails* *runs in circles* *dies* *rises from the dead and flails again*

You might recall that it was raining in the original cover, and yes, that's because it's raining in the scene that inspired it. But just LOOK at that rain-less version! So crisp! So bright! And so FREAKING SEXY!

And speaking of sexy... look at that CAR! And those models! Who, by the way, are such dead ringers for David and Kelsey that it kind of freaks me out. In a good way, of course.

So, in case you couldn't tell, I love it. And I think it captures the tone of the book in a way the original didn't. But -

What do YOU think, peeps?

(And by the way, if your answer is OMG, I WANT TO RUN OUT AND BUY IT RIGHT NOW, which is a totally acceptable and correct response, you're in luck - it's now available for pre-order in both Kindle and hardcover!)

Pre-order LYM on Amazon
Add LYM to your Goodreads shelf
Like my FB Author Page for Updates and Info
Follow me on Instagram or Twitter for upcoming contests and giveaways!

5 comments:

  1. I pre-ordered! I'm your husband's third cousin (I think!) on his father's side.
    Make sure to get your publisher to upload the cover to Amazon. There is no cover right now: http://www.amazon.com/Last-Years-Mistake-Gina-Ciocca/dp/1481432230

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Gina! It's gorgeous! It's going to look terrific facing out on a bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go Gina! I can't wait to see it in print!

    ReplyDelete