Monday, January 30, 2012

What You Get When Writing is on My S**t List

I'm just gonna say it: I'm hating on my WiP in a major way right now.

So I've decided I'm going to spotlight some of my OTHER favorite things, namely ones that never make me miserable. And some of which look damn good shirtless. Here goes:

1) Hotties



Have I mentioned my massive crush
on Tom Welling? A few hundred times?
'Kay, just checking

Oh, heeeey James Marsden, heeeey

Let's see some fancy swordwork, Prince Charming.

2) Fudge Brownie Sundaes


3) Chocolate Chip Cookies

4) The Beach
5) Newport, Rhode Island



6) My Ipod





And lastly, my CP's and their stories. I basically have the best crit group ever, and I am so lucky to know them and to get to read their beautiful writing. So much that I can still wave my pom poms for them, even when I want to take my own ms and flush it down the toilet.

So peeps, do you have have days when you hate on your writing? What are the other things that keep you going?

13 comments:

  1. Yes! And it's very depressing, because I don't really want to read other people's books when I'm unhappy with my own. Usually, I end up watching TV or maybe painting something. (like a wall, not a picture!)

    Love your hotties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget what your CPs are REALLY good for - Keeping the file of your MS on their computers and in their cloud drives so that it doesn't get ruined when you FLUSH IT DOWN THE FREAKING TOILET.

    *glares*

    Seriously, G, if I wasn't in my current state I'd be getting on a plane to CT now so I could smack some sense into you.

    But since I can't do that, I'll just be content to glare, and giggle at how freaking HILARIOUS you are in this blog post.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, yeah, I'm with Leigh Ann on this! *hoards copy of LYM*

    Apart from Sarah Dessen, LYM is the only contemp romance that drew me in, wouldn't let me go and made me CHEER for the MC's. It is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, hatred is part of the process. So long as you end up loving it in the end, I don't see the harm in wanting your MS to die in a fire for a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this list! Especially James Marsden and those cookies--yum! Ha, I hope you stop hating your WiP soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nooo why are you hating on LYM? I'm going to start reading it soon and will tell you all about how awesome it is. But, you know, pics of hot guys isn't exactly the worst way to spend a blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be honest. I'm sorry you are hatting on your MS right now...but...well, after the hotties and the chocolate chip cookes and fudge sundae, I went right back to the hotties.
    Now I'm hungry and very interested in seeing more...hotness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, chocolate chip cookies! *gobbles*

    But I'm sorry you're hating on your WiP. Maybe a little distance and then it'll apologize and you guys can have make up hugs?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cookies make me hungry! I think it helps to have at least one other WIP going at the same time, kind of a fall-back thing. Sometimes it helps to re-read books or re-watch movies that do something right in a way I could use for my book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know those days. And dang, I want a cookie now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you made me MORE excited to read this MS somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  12. McDonald's french fries can cheer me up any day.

    Hang in there, you'll work things out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Getting outside is a big one for me. Loved my time in Newport when our town got slammed with what is now known as "Snowtober" in October. It was my little getaway.

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete